Cementing senior level buy-in
[25 January 2023] Central to the effective preparation for your planned retrofit project will be maintaining, strengthening and widening the senior leadership buy-in that you nurtured during the bid writing process.
The Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund (SHDF) guidance allows you to start delivering your retrofit project at risk and reclaim reasonable spend incurred between the launch of the SHDF Wave 2 competition and confirmation of grant agreement.
Spend during this period is at risk and will need to be evidenced.
There are some key areas you can focus on right now ahead of confirmation of funding that will help set your organisation up for success.
- Check the senior management team remains committed to the project
- Establish a steering board prepared to oversee the project
- Ensure the capital works team is ready to kick off the project
- Gain support from the housing management team
- Check the procurement and legal team are ready to provide contracts
- Confirm the leasehold and disposals teams are supportive
Join an upcoming workshop
Find out how you can minimise your risk and maximise your preparedness to deliver by joining the upcoming senior buy-in online workshop.
Select a date below to sign up.
More topics now live
Dates are now available for our entire series of post-bid workshops covering a wide range of topics. These new sessions will help SHDF bidders maintain momentum as they wait for confirmation of funding. The full line up is available here.